- This is a Maryland Gubernatorial Election Year. This is the last legislative session for Governor Hogan. Marylanders will elect a new Governor and Attorney General. All members of the State General Assembly (Senators and Delegates) will be elected this year. All Worcester County Commissioners will be elected this year.
- On the Federal level, all members of the House will be elected and one of Maryland’s Senators is up for election, Senator Van Hollen.
- The Democrat and Republican primaries are scheduled for July 19, 2022. The Gubernatorial Election will be held on November 8, 2022. Important to note that political district boundaries are changing in counties, state and congressional districts.
- The Maryland General Assembly is now in session as of January 12,2022. This is a 90 day session and an election year session giving it unique perspective on legislative actions. The legislature will end mid April.
- The policy perspectives for this year : climate, cannabis, choice, child care, and COVID.
- The Speaker of the House is Adrienne A. Jones of Baltimore County. The Senate President is Bill Ferguson, Baltimore City.
Worcester County Democratic Central Committee
Pictured is the Worcester County Democratic Central Committee at their monthly meeting. From left to right; Back Row: Tim Tarr, Tom Butler, Kathy Emmert, Barbara and Jim Richardson, Judy Davis, Josh Nordstrom. Front Row: Judy Butler, Laurie Brittingham, Priscilla Z., Dr. Roxie Dennis (Chairperson), Terri Lojewski, Vicky Wallace and Lanny Hickman.
The Democratic Central Committee of Worcester County (DCCWC), the local arm of the Maryland Democratic Party and the National Democratic Party, anticipates vacancies. Be a part of the Blue Wave!
There are vacancies available for Auxiliary Members in District 2, 6 and 7. Auxiliaries, while not voting members, are given leadership and important support roles with the Committee.
The DCCWC is seeking applications from Registered Democrats who are a resident in Worcester County and the District for which they are applying. Applicants should be committed to the principles and platform of the Democratic Party and willing to dedicate time and energy to advancing the party in this county. It is helpful if applicants have experience in community, church, government, party, education and other groups. Applicants should send a letter or resume describing their education, experience and participation in political and organizational development activities to DCCWC, Box 34, Berlin, MD 21811. For information about the DCCWC call (410} 629 9107 and leave a message or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Worcester County Democrats believe in a society where all people can lead lives of dignity. We believe there should be no barriers to the opportunities of achieving a better life and that all Americans should have access to a sustainable livelihood, a sound education and a healthy environment.
Democrats in Worcester County are supported by four democratic organizations: Democratic Central Committee of Worcester County [DCCWC], Democratic Women’s Club [DWC], Democratic Club of Worcester County [DCWC], and Democratic Club of Ocean City/Berlin [DCOC/B]
These organizations are dedicated to providing information and support to registered democrats, unregistered voters, and democratic party candidates. The four organizations are partners committed to electing democrats at all levels of government. Together they raise funds for democratic candidates, hold candidate forums, and host social events where democrats can meet other democrats, candidates and office holders.
We believe that, working together, Worcester County Democrats can make a difference and we urge you to get involved by volunteering, joining a democratic club, and attending informational meetings and social events.