- 03January 3, 2019http://wcmddems.org/event/drinking-liberally/West-O Bottle Shop12611 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City, MD 21842
Promoting democracy one drink at a time – Drinking Liberally is an informal, inclusive, progressive social group for like-minded, left leaning individuals.
Join us the first Thursday of each month at West O’ Bottle Shop & Bar, 5-7PM.
- 03January 3, 2019http://wcmddems.org/event/indivisible-day-of-action/Downtown Salisbury101 N. Division Street, Salisbury, MD 21801
CALL TO ACTION!!
Our rally is part of a nationwide Indivisible Day of Action. As the newly-elected Democrat-controlled House prepares to introduce HR 1, we are sending the message that we expect a robust democracy reform bill! We want:
– reforms on voter empowerment and access
– the groundwork for a constitutional amendment to reform our campaign finance system
– reforms to crack down on corruption at all levels of the government.
We must show Congress that there is a broad resistance to Trump’s agenda. Join us!
BRING ALL YOUR FRIENDS! AND BRING SIGNS if you can! Your presence is what is most important.
Address: 101 N. Division Street, Salisbury, MD 21801
Contact person: Cindy Dillon
- 10January 10, 2019http://wcmddems.org/event/democratic-club-of-ocean-city-berlin-january-luncheon/Inn at the Ocean1001 Atlantic Avenue, Ocean City, Maryland 21842
We are happy to announce that GOING GREEN (www.gogreen.org) will be our program at the luncheon. A segment of GoGreen’s current strategy is to bring about changes in the way solid wastes is managed, support and conduct programs that address materials management to protect the environment, improve the way materials are managed; save natural resources, and engage is practices leading to zero wastes.
We have invited GoGreen to be our program since they are focusing on Ocean City to get OC to move toward to green programs; we need to know more about them. We have asked them to:
— provide a broad overview of GoGreen and how/why/when founded, the extent of their presence, how they are funded,
— describe current projects,
— how are they received in the area,
— goals and future plans,
— discuss can recycling, composting, etc., can be incorporated into our daily lives, especially if living in planned developments
— what efforts are GoGreen doing to build a broader base of support, establish grass roots support through building links and partnerships with organizations that have common goals of preservation of the environment, natural resource management, protection of public health, and education about the values of going green.
The cost is $30: includes hors d’oeuvres, wine, choice of soup, salad, entrée, dessert, and coffee/tea.
- 19January 19, 2019http://wcmddems.org/event/womens-march-2019/Boardwalk at the Inlet1st Street and S. Boardwalk, Ocean City, MD 21842
1/19/19: THE #WOMENSWAVE IS COMING.
It’s time to march again.
We are outraged. We are organized. They forgot that 5 million women lit the world on fire two years ago. On January 19, 2019, we’re going to remind them when we flood the streets of cities across the globe, including the Ocean City Boardwalk (at the tram station). The #WomensWave is coming, and we’re sweeping the world forward with us.
Voter registration table and information on other groups and opportunities for continuing activism against the Trump administration’s racist, authoritarian, corrupt, and anti-woman agenda will be available to all.
- 21January 21, 2019http://wcmddems.org/event/dwc-january-2019-meeting/Ocean Pines Community Center235 Ocean Pkwy, Ocean Pines, MD 21811Join Democratic Women’s Club at our January 2019 General Membership Meeting at the Ocean Pines Community Center on Monday, January 21st at 9:30AM.9:30 AM – Coffee and conversation
10:00 AM – Speaker
11:00 AM – Business meeting beginsGuest speaker is Matt Heim representing Oceana, an international advocacy organization against local offshore drilling.All food and canned good donations go to a different local food bank each month. This month our donations go to Diakania in West Ocean City.